Monday, July 19, 2010

I Got The Blues... #83

It was a dark and stormy dawn... but the birds were singing! I got up this morning with my new baby girl at around 5:00AM. A few minutes later she was happily eating and I was dabbling on the internet. Bout quarter to 5:00 the thought crossed my mind... I could go birding this morning. Looked out the window, sweet! No Rain. Hopped in the car and headed out (never fear, mom was taking care of baby). I decided to drive around the Stingy Rd. / Pleasant Hill / Leihley Hill area again and see what I might find. Wouldn't you know it I spotted a target bird! Singing twice from the wire and once from the treetops was a splendid Blue Grosbeak!

Blue Grosbeak, Identification, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology


View Blue Grosbeak 7/19/2010 in a larger map


Photo Credits:

Blue Grosbeak - Jerry Friedman

No comments:

Post a Comment