Thursday, July 15, 2010

It Came From The Swamp! - #78

Another beautiful, clear morning. I took a drive north on 93 from Sugarcreek to poke around some of the back country roads again, but I started out at Beach City Wilderness area. I wanted to get another look at the Prothonotary Warbler, and I had heard a call there that I hadn't yet connected to a bird (though I though it was the warbler). Turns out it wasn't the warbler after all! Just past a stand of dead trees I laid eyes on this very loud songster. "Chinga chinga chinga", it called. Our bird? A Swamp Sparrow. He packs a lot of song for such a small bird. Once again my view was brief, due to the overwhelming mob of mosquitoes that also happen to love the same swamp. What DO they eat when people aren't there!?!

Swamp Sparrow, Identification, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology


View Swamp Sparrow 7/15/2010 in a larger map


Photo Credits:

Swamp Sparrow - Cephas

No comments:

Post a Comment